How Can Content Marketing Help My Small Business? Content Marketing increases your presence on Google and Social Media, your two most important channels.
How Can Content Marketing Help My Small Business?
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.
No matter what kind of marketing your are either planning or currently engaged in, effective content marketing plays a significant role.
- Social Media Marketing: Content marketing strategy comes before your social media strategy.
- SEO: Search engines reward businesses that publish quality, consistent content. Targeted keywords now appear in search returns.
- Inbound Marketing: Content is key to driving inbound traffic, leads, and sales.
- Pay Per Click: For PPC to work, you need great content behind it.
- Public Relations: Successful PR strategies address issues readers care about.
- Content Strategy: Content strategy is part of most content marketing strategies.
How Can Content Marketing Help My Small Business? Push vs Pull
What if your customers looked forward to receiving your marketing?
What if when they received it via, social media, website, or search returns, they spent 15, 30, 45 minutes with it? What if they liked it it and shared it with their peers?
That is the primary difference between content marketing and most any other type of advertising. Content marketing is "pull" marketing, while most advertising is "push".
We zap TV commercials for good reason. The used car dealer screaming "Come on down!" during the local news is clearly "push" marketing. Think of push as "interruption". Those pop-up ads on the internet? Push.
Pull marketing is not an "interruption" Pull Marketing is "interactive".
Pull marketing is when a potential customer queries a keyword phrase on Google and pulls up a link to your website. Pull marketing is when they see you on social media, click and land on your website. The big difference is the customer took the initiation.